Attention all mushroom-lovers! You don’t have to be in Venice to enjoy the double pleasure of Black Truffle & Mushrooms. Turn on your oven & get ready to cook this easy gluten-free vegan pizza in 20 minutes. For the Netflix & chill nights or Sunday brunches with clamouring kids, busy weekday nights or relaxed dinner dates, this quick recipe will please even the toughest maestro.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Total time: 20 mins (or faster if you are really hungry!)
Meals served: 2 (½ plant patty for base sauce & 1 ½ plant patties for topping)
Black Truffle base sauce:
- Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties ½ patty
- Warm water 6tbps
- Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties 1 ½ patties
- Gluten Free Vegan Pizza base 1 base
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese 100gms
- Button Mushrooms, sliced 100gms
- Cherry Tomatoes, halves ½ punnet
- Red Onion, sliced 1 large
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or regular salt) to taste
- Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
- Fresh Basil Sprigs 5-6 sprigs
- Preheat conventional oven to 220 Degrees Celsius or 200 Degrees Celsius if fan-assisted.
- For the base sauce, rough chop ½ Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme plant patty. In a bowl, add chopped up plant patty and 6 tbsps of warm water. Smash the plant patty and mix with water till it forms a smooth paste. Voila! Your Black Truffle base sauce is ready in no time.
- Open the gluten-free vegan pizza base and place it on a clean baking tray, lined with baking paper. Spread the Black Truffle sauce evenly across the pizza. If you want crispy edges, avoid spreading the sauce on the outer edges.
- Grate vegan mozzarella on the pizza base till the base is covered evenly. If you like the pizza extra cheesy, feel free to grate more cheese on top
- Chop up the rest of the Black Truffle & Thyme plant patties. Smashing it with your fingers, spread it evenly across the pizza. Add sliced Mushrooms, sliced Red Onions and Cherry tomato halves.
- Lightly season the pizza with salt & pepper before baking. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 mins or till cheese has melted and pizza base edges are golden brown.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the hot pizza from the tray and place it on a chopping board. Using pizza cutter, divide pizza in 8 wedges. Garnish with freshly torn basil leaves and serve piping hot.