Looking for a delicious, healthy gluten-free vegan dish to share this summer or take on a plant-based diet or lifestyle change for a better 2021?
This "Crumbled Caramelised Onion & Chives Patties topped on Pita Bread with Fresh Cucumber, Avocado" dish will make you smile :)
This dish was created by Tess Eden @eden.vegan on Instagram with her own vegan take on the summer BBQ time! Save this Pita pattie smash recipe for a quick easy meal that can be made on the BBQ to wow your guests or please yourself!
Difficulty level: Easy
Total Time: 20 mins
Meals served: 4 ServingsIngredients
4 Amino Mantra Caramelised Garlic and Chive patties
4-8 Pita pockets
1 tub of Sundried tomato hummus (store bought or homemade)
1 cup spinach
1/2 red onion
Coconut Yoghurt dressing
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
Juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
Pinch of salt
4 Tbsp of chopped Parsley
4 Tbsp of Pumpkin seeds
1. Prepare the coconut it yoghurt dressing by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl and leaving in the fridge to set.
2. Toast the pita breads until crispy on the BBQ and set aside.
3. Grill Amino Mantra patties on the BBQ for 4 minutes on each side. Chop into bite sized pieces.
4. Smash avocado, hummus and chilli flakes on the pita bread bases. Top with fresh spinach, the grilled patties, thinly sliced red onion and parsley. Add cherry tomato’s, beetroot and any other seasonal vegetables as you wish!
5. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, parsley and drizzle the coconut dressing on top with a squeeze of lemon 🍋
To make this recipe gluten free, make sure the pita breads are Gluten-free & you’re good to go.