As days start getting colder, we all crave for hot, garlicky roasted vegetables. With Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties, you can add an earthy, exotic twist to your favourite dinner. Easy to prepare and simple to cook, this meal will give you warm fuzzies.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Total time: 40 mins
Meals served: 2
- Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties 2 patties
Roasted Vegetables (from our Organic Wellness Fruit & Veggie Box)
- Red/Golden/Purple Kumara, washed & cut into wedges 200g
- Carrots, peeled & cut into wedges 100g
- Pumpkin, peeled & cut into wedges 200g
- Brown Onion, peeled & sliced 100g
- Potato, washed & cut into wedges 200g
- Garlic, finely chopped 20g
- Fresh or dried Thyme leaves ½ tsp
- Cooking oil (of your choice) 30ml
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or regular salt) to taste
- Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
- Vegemite 1tsp
- Water hot 100ml
- Cornflour ½tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius, if fan-assisted or 220 Degrees Celsius for the conventional oven. Line a roasting pan or tray with baking paper.
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly to rinse off the dirt and debris. Cut into thin wedges - Kumara, Carrots and Potatoes. Peel & cut Pumpkin into thin wedges. Peel & slice onions. Place all these vegetables on a baking-paper lined roasting tray. Add fine chopped garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and oil and mix it evenly. Arrange in an even layer on the tray and roast them uncovered for 25-30mins till golden brown and cooked. Heap spoonfuls of hot roasted vegetables on a plate.
- Mix the hot water and vegemite in a cup and stir well until vegemite dissolves well. Add the cornflour and stir in until well combined.
- Put it in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Take it out and mix well. If the sauce is too thin return it back to the microwave for 10-15 seconds, depending on the consistency you want. If too thick add some water to dilute. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- On a medium hot pan, grill AM Black Truffle & Thyme Patties for 2-3 minutes each side or longer if you want it more crispier. Cut into halves and serve with roasted vegetables and drizzle with brown sauce.
Alternatively, you can cook a large batch of roasted vegetables ahead of time and portion it into smaller batches for your next meal. Roasted vegetables stay in the fridge for 2 days. You can have them hot or cold, all you need to do is top them up with freshly pan-grilled Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties and roast gravy.