Difficulty level: Medium
Total Time: 30 mins
Meals served: 4 Servings
-Amino Mantra Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties 2 Patties
-Coconut oil 1tbsp
-Vegan instant Thai red curry paste 2tbsp
-Coconut milk 1 Can (410ml)
-Chickpeas cooked, drained 1 Can (200g)
-Eggplants, washed & cut into small cubes 200g
-Carrots, washed, peeled & cut into small cubes 200g
-Potatoes, washed, peeled & cut into small cubes 200g
-Maple Syrup 1½tbsp
-Salt To taste
-Rice, washed & drained 3 cups
-Capsicum washed & cut into small cubes 100g
-Kumara, washed, peeled & cut into small cubes 200g
-Pumpkin, washed, peeled & cut into small cubes 200g
- Heat a medium sized pot and add coconut oil. When oil is lightly hot, add the instant curry paste and keep stirring for about a minute. Once fragrant add the carrots and potatoes. When veggies are cooked half way add the chickpeas and eggplant. If desired, add the optional vegetables now and cook.
- Add half of the coconut milk. Bring to a boil while stirring. When it boils add rest of the coconut milk and bring it back to a boil once again. Then let it simmer on low heat until all the veggies are cooked.
- In an electric rice cooker, add washed & drained rice. Add double the quantity and water and cook as per the rice-cooker instructions. Once the rice is cooked, fluff the rice and serve in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick fry-pan to medium heat and sear the Amino Mantra plant patties 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Set aside, and once cool to touch cut the patties into 4 by 4 cubes.
- For the curry, once the veggies are fully cooked add the maple syrup and adjust seasoning with salt. Adjust the consistency of the curry with hot water if too thick. Take the curry off the heat and add Amino Mantra plant patties’ cubes and stir gently.
- Suggested to serve the curry with rice and a side green salad topped with toasted sunflower seeds.
Notes: -The spice level can be adjusted with the amount of curry paste and coconut cream added. Try the same recipe with Thai yellow curry paste. We got our Vegan Curry Paste from Robinson's Deli.