Supercharge your immune system and gut health with this easy to make salad and top it up with warm & nourishing Amino Mantra Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties. Perfect for lunches, brunches and even light dinners. This nutrient-dense salad is packed full of prebiotic dietary fibres, vitamins and minerals to give your gut and immunity much needed TLC. Easy to prep and quick to make, this meal will help you power through your busy day!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Total time: 30 mins (or faster if you are really hungry!)
Meals served: 2
- Amino Mantra Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties 2 patties
- Broccoli, cut into florets 1 head/ 150g
- Kale - washed, cleaned & chopped 1 bunch
- Celery stalk, small diced 100g
- Red/Yellow Capsicum, small diced 1
- Red Onion, small diced 50g
- Orange, peeled and small cubed 1
- Lemon, Zested & Juiced 1
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or regular salt) to taste
- Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
- Sunflower seeds, dry toasted in a pan 25g
- For the dressing, zest 1 Lemon and squeeze the juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir till the salt crystals have dissolved fully. Add EVOO at the end. Stir till the dressing is evenly mixed.
- Wash, clean and remove the ribs from the Kale leaves. Chop them into small bite sized pieces. Dice the remaining vegetables into small cubes. Wash, peel Orange and cut into small cubes.
- Heat up a medium sized frying pan. Cut 1 head of broccoli into small florets. Gently char the broccoli florets in the frying pan on one side on a medium heat, taking care not to burn them. Once par-cooked, remove in a large bowl and let them cool. Add all the remaining vegetables and orange cubes to the charred broccoli florets. Drizzle with dressing and toss them together till evenly mixed. Portion the salad evenly into 2 bowls.
- In a medium-hot frying pan, grill Amino Mantra Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant patties evenly for 2-3 minutes each side or until crispy on the surface. Serve piping hot on top of the salad, 1 plant pattie per serve.
- Garnish with toasted Sunflower seeds for the added crunch and a dose of good fatty acids.
Alternatively, you can prep the salad ahead of time and portion it into batches for your next meal. Salad stays in the fridge for 2 days. All you need to do is top it up with freshly pan-grilled Amino Mantra Fijian Turmeric & Cumin plant patties.