There are more ways to eat a vegan pattie than in a burger. This recipe is a fun, fresh alternative to your classic pattie use. It’s super simple to make and ingredients can be subbed for whatever you have on hand (there’s nothing worse than going to make a recipe and not only missing one item!). No need for a supermarket trip, the salad can include any vegetables of your choosing.This recipe was created by talented Tess Eden @eden-vegan.com.
Difficulty level: Easy
Total Time: 25 mins
Meals served: 2 Servings
2 x Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties with Carrot and Pinto Beans
1/4 red cabbage
1 large carrot
Handful of coriander
1 yellow capsicum
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 tsp paprika
1 fresh chilli
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. On a baking paper lined tray, bake patties for 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Place a pot on the stove with 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup quinoa, bring to a boil and then leave on low to cook until absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the fresh vegetables. Shred red cabbage with a peeler, thinly slice carrot and grate cucumber. Chop a bunch of fresh coriander and thinly slice a yellow capsicum.
- Prepare the satay dressing by adding all ingredients to a high-powered blender and pulsing until well combined. For a thinner consistency, add a dash of water at a time. Pour into a ramekin and set aside in the fridge.
- Take a small fry pan and lightly toast 1/4 cup of peanuts with a dash of olive oil. Make sure to toss well, otherwise they will burn. Set aside for garnishing.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, place at the base of a large salad serving bowl. Top with all freshly chopped vegetables, mixing throughout.
- Take the patties out of the oven and cut into bite sized pieces. Toss onto the salad.
- Garnish with diced chilli and crispy peanuts. Grate fresh ginger on top for an extra flavour kick and a slice of lime.
Don’t forget to serve with the satay sauce to mix throughout!
You can find Tess Eden on Instagram @eden.vegan for more easy vegan recipes and lifestyle content.