Difficulty Level: Medium
Total time: 25 mins
Meals served: 2
- Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme Plant Patties 2 patties
- Arborio Rice 1 Cup
- Button Mushrooms 6 large ones
- Onion, brown/red ½ onion
- Garlic Cloves, peeled 4 cloves
- Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or regular salt) to taste
- Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
- Water 500 ml
- Mushroom Peels & stalks
- Onion, Peels & trimmings
- Garlic Peel & trimmings 1 clove
- Fresh Sage sprigs 5-6 sprigs
- Micro-greens ½ punnet
- Peel onion & garlic and chop them finely. Save the peels & trimmings for the stock.
- Peel & trim stalks on the mushrooms and save them for the stock. Slice mushrooms evenly.
- In a pot, add water and vegetable peels. Bring the stock to a boil and gently simmer for 10mins. Turn off the heat and let the stock cool down before straining it into a clean pot.
- In a big pot, heat up olive oil. Add finely chopped onion and garlic and cook till golden brown. Add arborio rice and gently stir. Keep stirring till the rice grains are slightly hot to touch. Add sliced mushrooms and cook them till soft. Add mushroom stock one ladle at a time, stirring the rice constantly. Ensure that the rice absorbs the first stock quantity before you add next ladle of stock, never adding too much stock in one go.
- Once all the stock has been added, lower the heat and gently stir the rice till all the stock has been absorbed and rice is resembling a creamy porridge consistency. Check if the rice is cooked “al dente” – firm to bite, not mushy. If the right al dente texture is achieved, crumble 2 Amino Mantra Black Truffle & Thyme plant patties to the mix and evenly stir them throughout the risotto. Take the risotto off the heat. Add 2-3 fresh torn Sage leaves, stir them through the risotto.
- Using a serving spoon, plate 2 heaped spoons of risotto in a pasta bowl. Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, micro-greens and sage sprigs. Serve it hot with a glass of wine or sparkling fruit juice.