- 20 mins
- Frozen Steamed Buns 4 buns
- Julienne* of Carrot 100gms
- Finely Shredded White Cabbage 100gms
- Thinly sliced Red Onion 100gms
- Washed & drained Mung Bean Sprouts 100gms
Sweet Chilli Sauce:
- Pure Maple Syrup 50ml
- Fine chopped fresh Red Chillies 1 tbsp
- Lime/Lemon Juice 4 tbsp
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or table salt) to taste
- Freshly sliced Red Chillies 1-2 Chillies
- Freshly Coriander Sprig 10gms
- Lime/Lemon Wedges 4 wedges
- Prepare Sweet Chilli Sauce using Maple syrup, fine chopped Red Chillies, Lime or Lemon juice and Pink Himalayan salt. In a bowl, stir all the ingredients till evenly mixed. Increase or decrease the heat by adjusting the amount of chopped chillies. Add salt to taste.
- In a big bowl, mix in *Julienne (fine strips) of Carrot, finely shredded White Cabbage, thinly sliced Red Onion and Mung Bean sprouts. If you like, you can add a bit of salt to taste and lime or lemon juice for dressing. Mix the salad evenly.
- On a medium-hot pan, sear Amino Mantra Caramelised Garlic & Chive plant patties for 2-3 minutes on each side till golden brown & crisp. Diagonally cut each patty into 2 triangles.
- We sourced frozen Steam Buns from local Asian supermarket. Use a stove-top steamer for steaming the frozen buns. Fill a pot upto 3/4th capacity with water and bring to a boil. Arrange frozen steam buns on a steamer tray lined with baking paper. Place the steamer tray on top of the pot of boiling water and close the lid. Steam the buns for 6-8 minutes or till they are cooked. Once cooked, remove immediately from the steam rack and place them on a plate.
- Slice open the Steam buns with a bread knife. Add Asian Slaw and then arrange 2 triangles of Amino Mantra Caramelised Garlic & Chive plant patties on top. Garnish with fresh Coriander sprigs and slices of fresh Red Chillies. Serve with side of Lime or Lemon wedge and Sweet Chilli Sauce in a dipping bowl.