Difficulty level: Easy
Total Time: 25 mins
Meals served: 2 Servings
- Amino Mantra Garlic & Chive Plant Patties 2 Patties
- Cauliflower large florets & 1ea Small head
chop the soft top part of the stem
- Brown onion sliced ½ Onion
- Vegetable stock or water 750mls
- Plant-based milk (Soy, Rice, etc.) 250mls
- Olive oil 1tbsp
- Salt & Pepper To taste
-Fresh herbs (Rosemary, Thyme, Chives, etc.) 3-4 sprigs
-Sliced Baguette (or Gluten-free option), Toasted 2 slices
-Stick Blender or Blender
- Bring a large pot or soup pot to a medium heat. Add the oil and add the sliced onions with it. Saute for a minute till translucent.
- Crumble 1x Garlic & Chive pattie into the pot and saute for 2 minutes, stirring making sure it doesn’t stick to the pot. Saute till lightly browned.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the chopped stems. And saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the soup with a lid and let it simmer until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- While the soup is simmering, heat oil in a small fry pan. Sear the 2nd Garlic & Chive pattie on both sides for 2 -3 minutes until golden brown. You can cook it for longer if you like the surface crispy.
- Once the cauliflower in the soup is soft, using a stick blender, blend the ingredients in the pot until it's creamy. If using a regular blender be cautious when blending hot soup. Cool down the soup a little before blending. Add pureed soup back to the pot and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and consistency with plant-based milk of your choice - soy, rice, almond, etc.
- Cut the 2nd Garlic & Chive pattie into small cubes for garnish. Serve the soup in a bowl and place the cubes on top. Garnish with toasted sliced bauguette or suitable gluten-free substitute and sprig of herbs. Your soup is ready to eat.