Difficulty level: Medium
Total Time: 45 mins
Meals served: 2 Servings
-Amino Mantra Smoky BBQ Plant Patties 2 Patties
-Rice wrappers 8 Sheets
-Rice vermicelli, soaked in water 50g dried
-Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped 3tbsp
-Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped 3tbsp
-Carrots Julienne 1 Large
-Mung beans Sprouts, washed & drained 50g
-Lemon/Lime juice 2tbsp
-Coconut sugar/Maple syrup 2tbsp
-Apple cider vinegar 2tbsp
-Fresh Lemongrass, finely chopped fine 1tsp
-Fresh Red chillies, deseeded & finely chopped 2ea
-Fresh Garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 Clove
-Hot Water, for dissolving Coconut sugar 80ml
-Capsicum, any colour, cut into thin strips ½ each
-Iceberg lettuce, shredded into strips ¼ Head
-Kitchen Towel, damp wet for rolling Rice paper
Dipping Sauce Method
- If you are using Maple syrup, get all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined well. Adjust the flavour intensity with bit of hot water as needed.
- If you are using Coconut sugar instead of Maple syrup, use hot water and carefully add Coconut sugar and stir it well with caution until sugar is dissolved. Once cooled down, add rest of the dipping sauce ingredients and stir until combined. Set it aside and cool. This sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and be enjoyed with other salads etc.
Spring Rolls Method
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan and sear the Amino Mantra plant patties 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool and when cooled down, cut each pattie into 4 equal strips.
- Meanwhile soak the rice vermicelli in cold water for 15 minutes or as the packaging instructs.
- Before you start assembling the rolls, get all your ingredients ready. Follow a line processing technique.
- Get a clean damp towel squeezing any excess water and place it on your kitchen counter/chopping board, as this will behave as your rice wrapper rehydrator and rolling mat. Place a clean dry plate next to it to for the finished spring rolls. In a small bowl, get some clean cold water for brushing rice paper.
- Place one rice wrapper at a time on the damp towel. With clean hands dip your fingers in the bowl of water and brush it over the wrapper evenly. Once the wrapper feels soft and pliable, it is ready for assembling.
- Place small portion of fillings in the center neatly making sure all ingredients are roughly of the same length. Place a strip of Smoky BBQ Plant pattie in the middle. Fold the sides in to cover the edges of the spring rolls. Then fold the end flap close to you over the filling and roll forward gently but slightly tight making a roll shape. When the spring roll is ready place it on the dry plate. Follow this step for the next spring rolls. After rolling a few spring rolls, it will get easy!
- Serve the spring rolls along with the dipping sauce and enjoy.
- You can also try this recipe with Amino Mantra Caramelised Garlic & Chives plant patties.